quarta-feira, 25 de novembro de 2009

Vimeo's bug in Internet Explorer

ver em português

Hello brothers... It is my first post in English. My english isn't very good, but I want and like share knowledge. I try.

Well, on the last week I detected a bug at my online portfolio. The movies of Vimeo didn't play when opened with Internet Explorer. First, I thought this bug was flash player plug in. But the movie played ok in Mozilla Firefox. What is it?


If you copy the embed code with Mozilla Firefox on Vimeo and past on your site in Dreamweaver, the embed code doesn't past equal one. The tag <noscript> is add.

The tag that you see in the picture is: AC_AX_RunContent( 'width','400','height','270','src','http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5795630&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1','type','application/x-shockwave-flash','allowfullscreen','true','allowscriptaccess','always','movie','http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5795630&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1' ); //end AC code

</script><noscript>

EMBED CODE

</noscript>

I don't know if the problem is of Vimeo, of Mozilla Firefox or of Dreamweaver. But this bug makes problems. How many people saw my website with Internet Explorer and didn't play movies? This is not good...

What to do?

Copy the embed code of Vimeo with Internet Explorer that you won't have problem. This problem only happens when you copy the one with Mozilla Firefox.

Or...

Delete the <noscript> tags and all tags addends in Dreamweaver.
Only tag <object> and its relatives is necessary. See the pictures:



If Dreamweaver ask for you about Convert Active Content on the future, press no.


I give you solution. But I don't know the bottom problem. If anyone knows why this bug happens, please post a commentary.

Thank you all... and sorry my English.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário